Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Through tears

I wonder what she's really like. I mean I pass her everyday and everyday it's something different. she paces back and forth in her black, down coat, wth the 80's pattern. Sometimes she just sits there staring and I wonder what she thinks about as she see's people pass by. Maybe she's wondering why she's alive, or why the girl who just passed her looked shamefully toward her and quickly turned her head, lowering her chanel glasses. The change comes when the sun goes down

I walk past her at night and she sings a spanish melody. I can't understand it, but she sings it through a a river of tears that stream from her inset eyes. She gives a concert to nobody but everybody can listen for no charge and I always wonder what pain is inside of her that makes her sing this sad song. I wonder if she lost someone, or she's tired f the same old life on the same old bench.

What makes her different from me?
I wonder if she went to college?
What does she sing about?
Why is she crying?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.